Friday, January 18, 2008

Don't Complain If You Don't Vote



On the off chance that you have been hiding under a rock for the last little while, let me tell you this - there is an election coming up in the United States. It has become fodder for comedians and a heavy debate topic for the media. Who should be the next President of the United States? Who is worthy of holding such a title?

This is an important decision, and one that many US citizens hope is made well this time after all, they don't want a repeat of the last fiasco. I imagine that many people are putting at least a small amount of thought into how they will vote when it comes time. But there are likely a great number of people who either don't care or are totally oblivious to what is happening around them (see previous note about rock living).

I don't claim to know all the ins and outs of the upcoming election in the US. I don't even claim to know that much about the politics here in Canada. But I do know one thing - if you do not vote, I don't see that you have that much to complain about when you don't get the desired outcome.



What prompted this rant you ask? I was vegging on the couch the other morning and watching "The View" and the election was a topic of discussion. Particularly the Democratic election. Elisabeth Hasselbeck was commenting on how she doesn't like any of the options that she has been presented with, so she "may just NOT vote". Excuse me?!?

Now, I'm not a huge fan of E.H. anyway. Frankly she rubs me the wrong way with her perky little voice, perky little boobs (haha they'll sag with all that breastfeeding), and her plethora of praise for G.W. Bush. Who IS she anyway? A "Survivor" cast off who somehow managed to get onto The View? Whatever. So pro-Bush, so pro-Republican. WHY wouldn't she vote?

It's just ridiculous. If you are old enough to vote, get off your behind and walk yourself to the polling station and be responsible.

Ugh.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people.....you know you want to!