Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A beautiful life

Often I find quotes or short stories that resonate. Poetry that fires up those synapses and gets me thinking about the bigger picture. For my birthday, my father gave me a card that did just that. It's a Hallmark card and the message is one I think maybe my dad has been trying to relay to me in some way. It's also a lesson that I have been learning for myself in recent months after certain events. I wanted to share it with you.

How to make a Beautiful Life: Reflections for a Daughter on her Birthday

Love yourself.
Make peace with who you are and where you are at this moment in time.
Listen to your heart.
If you can't hear what it's saying in this noisy world, make time for yourself.
Enjoy your own company.
Let your mind wander among the stars.
Try.
Take chances.
Make mistakes.
Life can be messy and confusing at time, but it's also full of surprises.
The next rock in your path might be a stepping-stone.
Be happy.
When you don't have what you want, want what you have.
Make do.
That's a well-kept secret of contentment.
There aren't any shortcuts to tomorrow.
You have to make your own way.
To know where you're going is only part of it.
You need to know where you've been, too.
And if you ever get lost, don't worry.
The people who love you will find you.
Count on it.
Life isn't days and years.
It's what you do with time and with all the goodness and grace that's inside you.
Make a beautiful life...The kind of life you deserve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love people.....you know you want to!