Wednesday, September 23, 2009

They finally announced the topic!

So last year, I took part in Blog Action Day for the first time. My blog wasn't that old, I didn't have that many readers (I've gained one since then), but it was a subject that struck a chord with me because I've seen so much poverty myself...and could have come close in my own life. It was a great feeling to take part in something that people all. over. the. world!! are doing. Sure, I like myself a good meme from time to time, I even like those stupid time wasting quiz things that circulate through people's notes on Crackbook. But this was different. This gave us ALL a chance to say what was on our mind, for one day, for one cause. You can click HERE to read my attempt last year.

Well, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for them to announce the subject for this year and yesterday when I opened my email, it was finally there!

CLIMATE CHANGE




We all have our opinions on this, you know we do. So, how about for this year, we see if we can top the number of registered blogs and do our best to make our voices heard. In December, world leaders will be joining together to discuss the world's position on the subject and wouldn't it be great if OUR voices were heard?

You don't have to be a well read blog with thousands of followers....you just have to use your voice (and your fingers because unless you're going to do a video for it, then you'll have to type).

So...go to the Blog Action Day website and register your blog. And then on OCTOBER 15th, make your thoughts known! Who's with me?!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. me too === http://pinoyapache.blogspot.com/2008/10/poverty-among-security-guards-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, how did I not know what blog action day was?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I thought I could come up with a coherent post about it, I would. But I don't want to do something half-assed and have it suck. I'll have to mull it over some more.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people.....you know you want to!