Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Young Hooker On Fast Track

The title of this post? Yeah..up there..."Young Hooker on Fast Track". What did YOU think when you read it? I'd be willing to bet that I'm not the only one here whose brain functions on a gutter level. I'm also sure that I'm not alone when I say that when *I* read that line, I was thinking "Erm...isn't a hooker permanently on a fast track? That's why they're a hooker right? They're fast?" And then I thought "Wow! Hookers get promoted?! Awesome! Someone just went from $100 an hour to $150".

C'mon...you know you were thinking something dirty.

And like me, you were wrong. I haven't yet decided if it's because I have a dirty mind that closely resembles a man's (thinks of sex every 30 seconds) or if I just haven't adjust culturally to the way things are done and said here in this new country o'mine. I'm banking on the former.

That young hooker is actually a rugby player. "Hooker" is a position in the national sport of NZ. And I guess, according to our local paper, he's on a fast track in his rugby career. But it just goes to show how much I have to learn. Maybe I just need to change careers? Get into hooking? Fast track and all that jazz!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

  1. Just so you know ... I thought THAT kind of hooker too. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but in my defence I didn't know there was any other kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll claim as my defense that I've never seen a Rugby game, live or on TV, so that's why I immediately thought what you figured we were all thinking... does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I was waiting for a good sex story! Weren't there some of those from your former job at the motel???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, my mind was in the gutter seat next to yours. Wanna beer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. But with titles like that...sure fire way of making people click on it...yes? :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people.....you know you want to!