Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shock and awe

Wow! Before I get to anything else, I have a couple of thank yous to put out there.

THANK YOU....to all of you for your lovely comments and thoughts since my last post about the painful truth when it hits you in the face. They've really helped me get through the last week and carry on into this one. It was a very difficult post to write, but in a way therapeutic. Some of you have even come over and started following my other blog...so cheers! Although I don't know the vast majority of you personally, I do feel like I "know" many of you. And you all rock!

Also, THANK YOU to Aunt Juicebox over at Bacon Is My Lover. Aside from the fact that a good few of you who made your way here for that last post came from her place, she spun off from my post and did one about her own journey of weightloss. These kind of posts are hard to do, for anyone. So thanks Aunty J for opening your heart. And an extra thank you for creating a list of folks who are doing their own now too. You rock!


Ok.....now that the sentimental stuff is out of the way, what do I have to talk about? Not a lot unfortunately.

** I didn't get the job I was hoping for. But I'm applying for more. I guess I'm thankful that I do already have a job that is bringing in SOME cash.

** I lost 800 grams this week at the Rotund Round Up. That's 1.74 pounds for the rest of you. It's non refundable, so don't even try to give it back to me.

** Girl Spawn won Champion Penguin of the Year at St. John's Ambulance Youth. (Penguins are the 5 to 7 year old cadets). Hotty Hubby and I were shocked when we heard her name called at the Prize Giving and full of smiles as we watched her proudly march herself up on stage to shake the guy's hand. She's loving being part of the cadets and is very enthusiastic about it all, so we're glad she was honoured this way.

** I'm told Christmas is coming. I'm still rather in denial about the whole thing but the spawn are getting more and more excited about it all. I think it's going to be a bit of a sparse on this year, but you know what? I don't really care. Christmas is meant to be about time with family, with the people we love and care about. The kids are happy as long as there is something under the tree.

** I've not been getting much blog reading done lately. I'm sorry about that...I'll some done this afternoon...ish. I hope you're all well.

Over and out!!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. Think of it this way: 1.7 weeks each week over 10 weeks, is 17 pounds.

    Do you know what 17 pounds looks like? Take 17 sticks of butter and lay them out on the table and that's what you'll have lost if you can lose 1.7 pounds each week for 10 weeks. That alotta damn butter girl.

    You are awesome. Keep it up. Whoot whoot. (ok I'll stop now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pounds...it's should read 1.7 pounds. I obviously need to drink more red wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find myself saying this for the second time today: dualmom should get a job as a motivational speaker. she's a dadgum female anthony robbins.

    anyway...congrats on your weight loss. 1.7 pounds is better lost than found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

    I am sorry that the job didn't work out...everything happens for a reason, right?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, and I love ya to pieces, chicky! Or Pammy. Whichever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seem to have taken your 1.74 pounds this week. But I'll pass it on to someone else, not back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found the 800 grams you lost,it's on my butt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep shedding those grams, baby, you're doing great!

    And congrats to Girl Spawn! That's wonderful! She rocks just like her mom.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people.....you know you want to!