Thursday, October 28, 2010

GOAL!!!

Day 1 -- Day 2 -- Day 3 -- Day 4 -- Day 5 -- Day 6 -- Day 7

**********

Goals.

We all make them, we all try to reach them, we all sometimes fail. Every person has a different set of goals in their life. Some people want to save money to buy a house, some people want to travel all over the world. Goals are an inevitable part of our lives and will always be.

For Day 8 of "30 Days of Me", I am meant to tell you what my short term goals are for this month...and why. Seeing as October is pretty much over, I'm going to go with November. The problem is, I hadn't really thought about my goals for the month, I was just trying to get through October! But we'll have a go.....

#1 - Continue with my non yelling goal from October (I mentioned this on Day 4). Why? Because it's been going fairly well. I still find myself yelling occasionally but it is finally starting to be at a time that actually warrants it. I'm not yelling for silly things as much, and am beginning to pause for thought before reacting to whatever problem is at hand. Perhaps I'll be able to break the habit after all?

#2 - Amp up my exercise regime. Or rather....create a proper one. Why? Because my sister is getting married in April and I need to shift a TON more of this weight. I let some of my old, bad habits creep back in over the winter and ended up hitting a plateau. So now is the time to start fresh. It's Spring and I'm loving that the scale is finally going down again.

#3 - Spend more time with my hubby. Why? Because I've been working too many evenings and weekends lately and it is starting to take its toll on both of us. I've already made a good start on this goal by setting some much needed boundaries at work and ask for some evenings off. Bring on the date nights!!

#4 - Finish organizing the house. Why? We've only lived here just over a year but I'm amazed at the sheer amount of crap we seem to have gathered. So I've been organizing, purging, sorting, moving and tidying. Ideally I would have someone who would come and do my vacuuming and bathrooms for me, but seeing as that isn't an option, I will have to do it my way. *sigh*


That's about it. I'm not a big goal maker, so this will have to do.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. Accumulating crap just creeps right in, doesn't it? I have challenges with purging stuff - never know when I might want to wear that skirt again that is now 2 sizes too small and totally out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are excellent goals - they encompass each part of your life. Too often I put all my big goals in one area instead of trying to achieve smaller, more attainable, goals across several.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I organize, I attack one room or area at a time. I have gotten to the linen closet, but not yet to the storage cupboard in my half-bath. And the basement? Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, you've already been in NZ a year now??? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just discovered your funny blog. I can so related. I set many goals about not screaming at my sons when they were younger. It can be nearly impossible at times, but so great when you manage to pull it off.

    www.shortjewishgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear you are my twin! We have the same goals..with one exception. I've lived in my house 20 years and Gawd help me this crap has gotta GO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic goals! Keep up the good fight and you'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove purging. Problem is my family keeps stopping me...If I had my way I would chuck almost everything!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people.....you know you want to!