Sunday, November 14, 2010

A good friend is cheaper than therapy

Day 1 -- Day 2 -- Day 3 -- Day 4 -- Day 5 -- Day 6 -- Day 7 -- Day 8 -- Day 9

Day 10

**********

*sigh* Boring!

Another picture of me and my friends is what I'm meant to share with you today. I'm not really sure what to share. I've been through my files and I'm going to go with this one:


The beautiful redhead on the left is one of my best friends ever....Ginger Rug. The gorgeous gal on the right is another of my best friends....we'll call her Rickie. These two got me through a lot in the year and a half or so before we moved to New Zealand and I miss them, and their spawn, desperately.

I tried to find a picture of the three of us with our other friend, Punchy...but alas, none were to be found. Perhaps I'll find one later.

The title I chose for this post is accurate. A good friend IS cheaper than therapy. I can't even begin to describe how much of an effect Ginger Rug, Rickie and Punchy had on my life, and continue to have to this day. They always had a shoulder to cry on, were there to laugh with or rant at, and our kids always got along well. They all had girls the same age as my son and he loved it. Our husbands liked each other and shared much the same sense of humour. Life was awesome.

I miss them a lot, and wish I could see them again, but I know that with the wonders of Facebook and Skype, we'll always be able to keep in touch.

Girls, I love ya!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. For me, it's Laura and Mary, the Smaller (as I am Mary, the Taller). Every once in awhile, one of us will email the other two that we need a books and coffee night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I'm so impressed that you have stuck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure leaving friends makes going someplace new sometimes very difficult. But time and miles do not end friendships! You can always pick right back up where you left off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what in the world I would do with my best friend of 40 years! Great picture of you girls!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love people.....you know you want to!